By W. M. Thackston
A complete grammar of recent, classical & colloquial Persian. comprises thesaurus. Accompanying set of tapes priceless for pronunciation is obtainable.
Read or Download An Introduction to Persian PDF
Similar foreign language dictionaries & thesauruses books
No matter if you don't like crossword puzzles, you could prove loving those. Designed for mother-tongue or thoroughly fluent audio system of Spanish eager to enhance their English abilities, the puzzles can also be enjoyable to English audio system. they're formatted in order that every one puzzle will be solved in 15 to half-hour.
For a few years, J. Richard Andrews’s creation to Classical Nahuatl has been the traditional reference paintings for students and scholars of Nahuatl, the language utilized by the traditional Aztecs and the Nahua Indians of imperative Mexico. Andrews’s paintings was once the 1st ebook to make Nahuatl obtainable as a coherent language approach and to acknowledge such the most important linguistic beneficial properties as vowel size and the glottal cease.
Scholars of Akkadian will locate this convenient selection of uncomplicated info to be the precise significant other via their years of research. although this instruction manual isn't a alternative for a standard reference works, it summarizes the entire easy source fabrics wanted for the learn of Akkadian. integrated are the next: miscellaneous is helping, paradigms of nouns and verbs, a word list of significant right nouns, an index of logograms, an indication checklist with whole signal values, and masses extra.
- Vocabulaire progressif du français : Niveau intermédiaire
- Reflections on Lexicography: Explorations in Ancient Syriac, Hebrew, and Greek Sources
- Cours de Langue et de Civilisation Françaises II
- Get Started in Greek
- Madame Bovary (Webster's French Thesaurus Edition)
- Norwegian-English Dictionary: A Pronouncing and Translating Dictionary of Modern Norwegian (Bokmal and Nynorsk) with a Historical and Grammatical Introduction
Extra info for An Introduction to Persian
1 . the sequence of two different segments of which the 1 st is vowelless and the 2nd is vowelled: the assimilation. 2. the sequence of two different segments which are both vowelled. 4. 1. The sequence oftwo different segments of which the 1st is vowelless and the 2nd is vowelled: the assimilation: The vowelless state of the 1 st segment preceding a vowelled segment that is close to it in the point of articulation or that is akin to it in character or that is different and having a stronger character than it, can result in the assimilation.
The assimilation in the pronunciation and in the writ ing It can be remarked that there is a difference in the pronunciation and i n the written representation of a word in which an assimila tion is carried out. g. co . sadda over it: In the writing however, one d is written with a �. In examples of nouns beginning with one of the "solar seg ments" to which the 1- of the definite artide al- is assimilated to (for discussions see par. 4. 1 . 1 . ), the nouns are pronounced with the doubling of the solar segment and written with both the 1- of the article and the solar segment given the sadda.
3. 1. 1. The assimilation that is carried out in one word: An example of such a case is maddun (� ) "an extension" that is formed according to the pattem fa clun, in which the nec essary assimilation of the 1 st d to the 2nd d is carried out (cf. 2. 1 . ). Another example is Form V I I I "ittagara "to trade" (cf. Akesson, Ibn Mascud 1 96: fol. 1 9a, par. 4. 1 . 3. :2) from tagara with 1 st t radical. I n the base form "ittagara, the 1 st CI -IAIYfER 2: THE ASS I M I LATION 19 vowelless t radical is followed by the vowelled t infix, the ta, of Form V I I I :Jifta cala, which necessitates the assimilation of the t to the t.